Translate

Saturday, April 2, 2011

April 2nd, what a nice day!

We started off dark and early with 2 yard sales begining at 6am. Fortunately all were open and ready for business and we had a great start to our day with great signs, plentiful goods to rummage through and nice people ready to sell. All sales today were great looking, and clean so we didn't have a tremendous urge to sanitize our hands as soon as we got back in the car! Trust me, there are some you feel the need to sanitize while you are "shopping"!
Found lots of stuff for Hugh, including a Little Tykes Cosy Coupe, Kelley had put in the "what to look for" list just this week.
I have been looking for a coffee bean grinder since mine I bought used 10 years ago (at least) is not performing as well as it used to. The black Merlita grinder I found today for $2 looks unused and nice and sharp. Shall grind today and enjoy a cup! Jewelry was a surprise since I know the jeweler is JenniK from Greenville and I love her creations. Amethyst is my birthstone and the yellow tourmalane looks pretty too. Shined right up with cleaner and a real steal at $4 each.
Also found a few nice dog leashes for my friend Margaret who fosters dogs from the Animal Shelter. My contribution to a charity and the hard work she does with love.
Little Tykes Cosy Coupe for Hugh.
After dirt and pollen removal it shoud
clean up nicely. $5 couldn't pass it up.
Havn't test driven it but should get great gas milage

Pretty silver!

Pampered chef cheese grater. Can't wait to use it!
List price $2 but got it for $1. Hey,  I can bargain!

I am a sucker for flags! This will go up in the summer.
$2 but it is in very nice shape and colors are like new.

Love these puzzles for Hugh! They both have the magnet stick
so you can pull the pieces out with it. Fun! $1 for both
books for Hugh and some scrapbook stickers for Kelley and Brenna


Brenna's pile with stickers for her or Hugh

Sand toys for Hugh and black footed planter for me
Total $1.50

This is solid black and I like it because of the feet!  Have a plant I will
set in it. It is about a foot high and $1

I always need to go mugs and these are insulted stainless steel inside
the vases for Raleigh's Flower Shuttle, googlie eyes for Brenna
and the fish cheese spreaders are for Lisa. Total $3

Brenna gets the letters for her class, I get the plastic container with locking sides :)

This book is for Hugh, couldn't resist
Johanna and Barbara both were happy shoppers and we enjoyed our usual breakfast at McDonald's on 10th and Charles, lingering over our beverages, talking and catching up on our week and their trip to NJ last weekend. Now time for a shower and work on the computer. Later!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I really DID miss out, huh? Love the blog! :o)