Translate

Sunday, April 28, 2013

April's bounty

Ok folks, since our new addition, Honey Bea, arrived at our home, I have been pretty busy with getting to know our new dog and adjusting to life with a young dog. Been a long while since a very active canine has lived here. So I am just now catching up on my yard sale activities and updating the blog. As you can see from the photos below, Honey Bea is a brittany/beagle mix and cute as can be. Rather petite, weighing only 18lbs. Pru the cat has not been very pleased with the adoption but she seems to be tolerating the annoyingly friendly cannine. At least the claws aren't working their magic on a regular basis.
A couple of weekend ago, Brenna joined Johanna and I and below is her haul from the morning
Halloween sign $1 books 50 cents each. Bag of gift bags.$1 for all
Pony bead bags were 50 cents each, tablecloths $1 each, and we found the ECU and the polo shirts for Robbie for 50cents each. One of the ECU shirts is an actual game jersey! How cool is that? For Nate the wood puzzle and pop up toy. $1 each. The green bins will hold small toys. $1 for both.
I found the items below at one of 3 church sales and you know how love a church sale! Dirt cheap!! The Dinosaur puzzle was 50 cents, the dinosaur pop up tent was $1, the set of Disney books were 25 cents each and the I Spy book was 50c. I was able to sell all at a tidy profit. Oh, and yes, the dinosaur tent folds up to a very manageable size and comes with a bag. 
At one of the church sales every thing was $1. No matter what. Except for one $5 table. All the items below were from that sale. All sold except for the emulsion/hand blender. I might just have to donate that to Salvation Army since I have one of my own. The bluebird box sold as soon as I listed it and the shoes and Willow Tree frame took a few days but did sell.

It was very nice having Brenna along for the hunt and it was a full morning. Lots of sales and jumping in and out of the car. Yes, it is an active morning to say the least during the busy season!
I found these children's Keen sandals for $3 but no one has shown interest to buy. I have a couple of other pairs and I think I will wait until summer is closer. These retail for $40 and are really great shoes. Fingers crossed I can sell them at a profit.


I picked up this end table at the flea market a few weeks ago. Have discovered one near Greenville opened as luck would have it, on my day off, Weds. Crissie and I have been going early morning to see what treasures we can find...cheaply! It was there I found the metal dog crate for Honey Bea for $20 and this end table for $10. It was an ugly avocado green but solid wood and I hoped it was the size Brenna and Robbie were looking for their bedroom. Alas, no drawers which is a must have. So I am in the process of sanding, priming and painting it to sell. Have done all of the above at this point and hope to list it this week.



This large picture frame (19x19x2) I found at the flea market for $2. I thought it would be a sure winner and sell quickly. Not. Perhaps it's because instead of 1 large photo spot there are 2 small spots for 4x6 photos. I don't know but it will be off to the Salvation Army this week.
Live and learn.


That's it for today. I might have one more post in me. There certainly have been more finds! Take care and as always, happy bargain hunting!


Thrifty Christy


0 comments: