Translate

Saturday, October 15, 2011

No Peeps, No Fun


Good news is: Fall is here and it felt great this morning; cool temps, low humidity and a gentle north breeze blowing made the yard sale circuit very comfortable. However pleasant the weather, it just isn't as much fun with out friends. Johanna is recovering from her surgery and home from the hospital this morning. I miss my compadres. Babs took a break from caring for Johanna and we saw each other at the Jarvis church sale but boy was it crazy crowded there. I am taking that one off my list for next year. Lots of stuff but just too crowded for me. I really feel it would be better for the organizers to either have it outside or limit the number of folks allowed in at a time. 
I beat a hasty retreat after catching up with Babs and headed for other sales where I had some elbow room.
I found  3 bags of bird food for $3 total and snatched that up. I love feeding the birds but the price of sunflower seed has gone up lately. I refilled my feeders as soon as I came home. It was the songbird mixture and a nicer quality than I usually get. I can spoil the birds for a while...and the squirrels.
I do love winter so I couldn't resist this flag for $1. Come January I will be flying it and hoping for snow.

Next stop I found this box of vases for the Raleigh Flower Shuttle. Mix of 13 items, mostly vases and a few shorter flower holders for $3


 The puzzle below is just precious and is for Hugh. I like the big knobs on each piece for easy pick up for little hands. The book on the right is also for Hugh. It is a thick board book with puzzle pieces inside.

Inside of board book, removable pictures. 

Not bad for 50cents!

Haven't seen one of these before. It will make a nice baby shower gift.
Keeps those little ones warm in the bathtub. 50cents
 Finally found Kara a pair of girls size 10 shoes. I started washing them and realized I hadn't taken a picture so the one on the right is damp. These are so cute. The design is made of sequins and they are sewn on very well. Not a cheaply made pair. I think Kara will love them. Hey, I would so wear them if they were in my size! Bling! I googled the brand Kelli Jelli and learned it is a UK brand and the prices run about $65 for a pair like this. I knew they were quality!

Love playing Catch Phrase. Don't like paying retail. So this price was much better than $24.
I will take this one on the next Mission Trip so the teens can play.


I remembered my sister Cee, aka, Aunt NeeNee, mentioned wanting this type of swimming item for Hugh. I know, it looks like a girl's suit but safety is more important. I bought it for $1.
The Keen sandals are also for Hugh, $1. I hope they will fit him next summer.



Baby socks were 2 for 25 cents. I bought this bunch for the dog training group. Putting them on the puppies gets the pups used to being handled and also used to someone messing with their paws. That makes it easier later on for vets and owners to handle their paws without the dogs pulling away.

And folks, that is it today. Lots of sales but I walked away from so many empty handed. 
Some days are like that. 
Have a great week and enjoy these gorgeous fall days.

Thrifty Christy

0 comments: