Translate

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Last of April's finds

Before I bid adieu to April, I am posting once more with the rest of this month's finds. There have been quite a few and I have had a blast searching, selling and fulfilling wish lists.
Below is a photo of a new in box and plastic wrap stainless steel storage food storage containers. Looks like maybe from the 70's? Not sure and can find nothing online. These were at one of the church sales and since it was in a "bundle" I figure I paid approximately 25 cents for it. Brenna has possession now. The pregnancy books were a real find and I delivered them to the pregnancy center this past week. The person who took the books was so happy to have them especially since they are later editions than the ones they have. These go in a free bin and I like that. I paid 25 cents each at a home yard sale.
The little sandals are for Nate and the beach hat for Hugh. The hat met Kelley's wish list requirements: chin strap and quick drying material. It is new looking as are the sandals.
Sandals and hat 50 cents
I found these rattan shelving units at thrift store in Grifton, NC just down the road from the flea market. Again, as luck would have it, this place is open only a couple of days a week and one of those is Weds.! Crissie and I went by there this past week and I paid $20 for the shelves, a cute Otagari trout mug, and a nut cracker. The shelf units are now up in my attic and should help with the organizing effort. And no, I did not paint them before taking them upstairs!

I sold all the items shown below except for the corkscrew set. Not a single nibble when I listed it. And anyone who has ever used a Rabbit wine opener knows how great these things are. It is new, still in shrink wrap. I am not at all sorry it hasn't sold. It is going to make someone a great Christmas gift months from now!
The basket storage unit had a few scuff marks which I touched up with a little spray paint as well as the wicker mirror. They both went really fast as soon as I listed them. The magnetic wooden paper doll sets have found a home with a thrilled three year old little girl.
Black basket unit $5, 2 wooden doll sets $1 each, new corkscrew set $8 and wicker mirror $3



Something new in the world of shoes: Squeaker shoes for children. And yes, those are the squeaker inserts pictured in the small plastic bag at the bottom of the photo. I wonder how fast parents remove the squeakers! This too has already sold.



$2


Wooden puzzles sell so well and I picked all three at a church sale yesterday. Sold them today and the parent wrote to tell me her little boy is enjoying them.

Puzzles 50 cents each
At one of the church sales last weekend on the $5 table I picked up this JVC turntable. I hope to sell it but have to wait for the belt I had to order from Ebay. Yes, the 25 year old belt had melted and needs to be replaced. Fortunately there are Youtube videos showing how to replace. I hope that is all that needs work on, fingers crossed!

$5 for turntable and $10 belt ordered from Ebay. Fingers crossed it will work!
 And on that note so ends April's picks. Left out lots but tried to hit the highlights. 
See you next week. Happy bargain hunting.


Thrifty Christy

0 comments: