Translate

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Part 2 of Happy Hunting

 There were so many good purchases in April I decided to do a part 2 post. Also, though April was a good thrifting month, May fell short. I have had family activities that, yes, do take priority to hitting the yard sale circuit. And so I will show what fun finds I had in April.

The photo below is another example of wonderful signage. Wow. It was definitely photo worthy. As I have said before (many times), the words Yard Sale, and an arrow is all you need to get the attention of any bargain shopper on a Saturday morning. Granted, they went the extra mile on this one! And I might add, just as important was the follow thru of other signs leading to the yard sale. 


Never discount the importance of good signage!

I buy shoes for either retail or for personal use when they are either like new or in excellent used condition and are great brands. Oh, and of course, CHEAP PRICE!!! The green Toms brand below looked like they had never been used. Yes, I will resale but will wait till the fall. And the same with the Mary Jane style black Dansko's; fall sale. 

The concrete planter is for my house. I love the old concrete planters and snapped this one up as soon I spotted it from my car. I have geraniums that I'll plant this weekend. 

The Pampered Chef baking dish is for me too. I use the larger one I bought a couple of years ago at a yard sale for $3 but not that often these days as it is just Steve and I at home. This smaller one is perfect for a dinner for 2. Love Pampered Chef cookware, just not the retail price!


Toms: $5. Danskos: $8. Planter: $10. Pampered Chef baker: $3


The Sperry shoes were too small for me so I sold them for $20. The t-shirts were for my grandson Nate; love the Captain Cool the best! And the little shoes were for Julia, my great niece. 
Sperry shoes: $3.  Pirate shirts: 50 cents

Shoes: $2 each


As soon as I saw this beach chair, I thought of my great nephew Beau pictured below with it. His immediate reaction was so cute; he sat down and didn't want to get up! It is the kind with the shoulder straps so he can carry it to the beach his own self. 


Child size beach chair: $3


I mentioned going to an estate sale in the last post with my friend, Carolyn. I went through a box of knives and picked out these vintage Case brand paring knives. They appear new and are sharp!! I like the reverse grip. I also found a bread knife for 25cents and it too was a quality made piece, nice and sharp.

Case knives: 25 cents each

Carolyn found this little jewel of a teapot, brand new. She likes the built in infuser.

New Bodom teapot: $2


Since my grandson Nate will be renewing the toilet training this summer and happens to love Elmo, I had to get the dvd below and the Halloween costume as well. We will have to wait a year before he can get into the 3T size costume.


Elmo dvd: $1. Elmo costume was in original package: $3

I picked up this brand new felt die cut Disney Christmas stocking to sell on Ebay. I'll wait till fall to list.

Christmas stocking: $2
 And here is Nate finally riding the trike I bought this winter (and never posted on the blog). It was in like new condition, no rust, stains, etc. but it had an issue with the handle that steers it when the little ones can't quite push the pedals. That I didn't realize until I brought it home. Fortunately a friend was able to figure out the problem and correct it. YAY!!! Nate likes his trike!

Radio Flyer trike with removable steering handle: $15
Here are few items Patty bought on our trip together. 

Rug: $1. Lawn mower for Nate: $2. Lamps: $5 for the pair

The boots are for Nate and he will not be able to wear them for at least a couple of years, maybe more. In fact, I may just sell them but we'll see. I mean, when  you live in Pirate country, these are pretty cool. And kids and rain boots....well, I think I'm going to wait for him to grow! 


Pirate rainboots: $1!!!
North Face sells well, and this sold as soon as I listed it even though it wasn't in pristine condition. No stains, just very gently used. Women's size small sold for $20.

North Face jacket: $3


I am sorry it has taken me so long to get this posted. I had a back injury that made it too painful to sit at the computer to type in descriptions. I missed yard sailing for 3 straight weekends due to being in pain and then after recovery, I had to be out of town. 

So needless to say I am really looking forward to joining Johanna and Patty this weekend to renew our "pickin" activities! 
I promise to be more timely in my gleeful gloating to share finds and adventures. 
Until then, may your bargains be many and your week pleasant.



                    Thrifty Christy

0 comments: