Translate

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Jumping June

June was certainly  jumping with lots of yard sales, activities, and general summer fun. I had enjoyed thrifting with friends on the weekends prior to this post but alas, I did have to go out alone June 14th. Patty had hoped to go too but needed sleep more than deals. Just as well cause the sales were a tad bit in short supply and not a lot of quality either. 

However, there is always, always, something to be found. Thus, my "gleeful gloats" for this post!

The temps started rising and folks selling wanted to end a little early (I would have too!) so deals were found. Especially the last sale I found on the way home. This black metal shelf unit was marked so low but I passed by because I was driving a Civic! No way was that getting in my car. However, the seller mentioned it came apart easily and would fit in my car. So I took another look. It wasn't anything I could use but I knew I could sell it easily. And so I carefully watched as he showed me how to break it down. And it fit quite easily. I know I bought something else but for the life of me I can't remember. 



Metal shelf unit: $1
I kid you not!!



I found several kid items at a sale including this life preserver. I checked to see if it was Coast Guard approved and it was. Excellent condition. I figured Nate or one of my great nephews could use it: always nice to have an extra. Sure enough, late on, when I went to Morehead City to visit my nephew and niece and their families, it came in handy. Just like that, Kelley asked if someone had an extra preserver and I remembered I hadn't taken it out of my trunk. 



Cars life preserver: $2




The earliest sale of the day started at 6:30 (woo hoo, I "slept in") and there I picked up this new in original porch flag. It is the larger kind, not the little garden variety. Right price for resale, and tis the season! I sold it the day I posted the picture for $15.

Porch flag: $2



I have been picking up Dansko and or Sanita shoes the past few months for great prices. Around here they will sell better in the fall on the online yard sale sites. So these Koi Sanitas are boxed up for later. Just a couple of little smudges, other than that, they look brand new. 




Sanita "Koi" clogs: $5


This is one of those, "oh my goodness, how cute" purchases because it is a child's size beach/lounge chair and the price was so low despite great condition. I now realize children, at least my great nephews, niece and grandson don't sit in chairs at the beach. They play until they're exhausted and then sit in the sand. So it will go up for sale since I  have no use for it.


Child's size beach chair/lounger: $2


The same sale I bought the life preserver, I picked up these children's shoes. Great condition, good brand and all came with original boxes. I will sell these at a consignment sale in the fall if I can't sell online. Of course all were too small for family members.

3 pairs Stride Rite sneakers: $2 each



So as I stated earlier, the temps rose quickly that morning and when I arrived at one sale, the pile of clothes was quite large and the seller wanted to be finished. So she said all clothes were 50 cents each. At that, I started to search! For 50 cents I can take a chance something will fit, and if it doesn't, possibly sell or just donate. I picked up several pairs of pants all of which were my size and name brands. All fit except the ones below. 


Pants including the Chico brand above: 50 cents each.

There was more, but not much. As I said earlier, not a lot of sales and not much merchandise. The following Saturday we hosted our grandson Nate's 2nd birthday party in our backyard starting at 10am. I did consider going out early and "hitting" a couple of sales but with big thunderstorms Friday night I knew there wasn't going to be too many and I needed to get things set up in the morning. So glad I didn't go out! 

We had a wonderful time, the weather co-opereated (not too hot) and everyone one had a good time. All toddlers and parents were gone by 12:30p and clean up was relatively easy.




Happy Birthday Nate!!!


And so ends yard sales for June in NC. Steve and I head to NY for our annual vacation in the Catskills and 2 weeks of relaxation in nature. Oh my, I can hardly wait! And yes, I do plan on checking out yard sales up North. 

Hope you have found some sweet deals, bargains, thrifty finds your self. Until next time,

Thrifty Christy

0 comments: