Translate

Friday, March 21, 2014

Middle March


 Gleeful gloats continue!

I'm so happy to continue to have Saturdays free to hunt for treasures! The number of sales continue to expand as folks start cleaning out their homes and hope to make some cash; the sunny weekends are helping to make it happen.

I found a sale benefitting Type 1 Diabetes with lots of donations from Whole Foods. Yay! I was compelled to stop first to check out this box o'books (you know of  my addiction interest in children's books) and as soon as I began to look through, the seller said I could have the whole box for $2. No more needed to be said. I started making a pile!

Box of books for my friend Mindy's little girls: $2



Next was a box of Christmas decorations. In years past I have decorated my windows with faux evergreen swags but threw them out this past year as they were looking rather bare. The years and weather have taken a toll. Time for an updated decor but a thrifty one of course! I've admired homes with these wreaths hanging in the windows and decided to try it next Christmas. Low and behold in the box of Christmas decorations were 5 wreaths complete with red bows and a few extras.  I had picked up a couple of these in January approximately the same size so now I have enough.  Happy dance happening!




5 medium wreaths: $5

Moving down the tables I spotted a box filled with boxes of Christmas crackers. We use these at Christmas dinners and I am always stocking up at the after Christmas sales for at least 1/2 off prices. These were $1 each. From Whole Foods. With 19.95 price stickers on the back. Score!! I loaded up needless to say. 




Boxes of Christmas Crackers:$1 each!

And lest you think it was all about Christmas,  I found boxes of these new Easter candle chicks. I took them out and the bubble wrap they were individually wrapped in to take the picture. I wish now I had picked up more to give away. Regrets.
Easter Candle Chicks: $1 for the box.

 At another sale I bought this 3 drawer storage unit  for resell. Success! Sold for $12. 


Plastic storage unit: $4


My daughter Brenna likes Happy by Clinique so when I saw this for $1 I had to buy it. After the fact, she pointed out this is Happy Heart by Clinique, not Happy. And she has enough to last for a while. So...I sold this 1.7 fl. oz spray bottle for $15 the following day.
1.7 fl. oz bottle Happy Heart by Clinique: $1


Since vinyl is always on my radar, I checked out a box of albums at yet another sale. Most of their items were wayyyy out my league and probably every one else who stopped by because I just saw an ad for a second yard sale they're having tomorrow. Worded "prices reduced". Sigh, if only they had been more reasonable the first go round. But I digress. The albums were only 25cents each. Yes! So then of course you have to check for condition. Very nice! No visible scratches, original sleeves, and some fun artists. So I bought Willie and the others shown below. 

Cleaned house that afternoon with the stereo full blast and had a fab time of it.  I am enjoying the stereo system!



There were other finds but these are the highlights. I forgot to share my score on Tony Lama boots at the church sale a couple of months ago. All shoes/boots were $1. I sold most of them but was leery of these boots because I was afraid they maybe fake. Made in Mexico and I couldn't find the serial numbers inside the boots online. Well they're not and I am going to sell them on Ebay. The soles have just a minimal amount of wear and none at all on the heels. I'm hoping to get a nice profit on these. 





Once again, my gloats are over and I will end this now. Tomorrow looks promising with a good number of sales listed on Craigslist and the local paper. I better get my yard sale bag ready and my list printed so at 0'dark thirty I'll be good to go.

Happy bargain hunting everyone!



Thrifty Christy


0 comments: