Translate

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Picking up!

 Gleeful gloatings begin again.

The season for yard sales is picking up! And the weather too has been cooperating. My, what a difference a forecast of no rain makes. Let the picking begin!

My Saturday started off with a couple of 6 and 6:30am sales and I was on my own. Sigh. I do like company and I miss the banter, support and feedback..."yeah, go for it" or "no, pass" that another person offers when you shop in community.

I picked up this small bookshelf with Brenna in mind but also knowing if she couldn't use, I would be able to sell it. No she didn't and yes, I did.

Small bookcase: $4


I was on the lookout for bath toys for Nate, my grandson, and found these cuties. Looking forward to the next time he comes over...he'll be in the bathtub and having fun in no time.
Bath toys: $1 for the lot
 Another Nate item I've had on my watch list is a potty chair. I have procured two for his house and one for his babysitter's house and now Mamie has one for hers! Cute isn't it? Cleaned and waiting for use in the upcoming months.

Potty chair: $3
 Yes, another Grandma stash item below is the sound machine for when Nate spends the night. The "Together, a great place to be" decal set is brand new and Brenna has claimed that for her kitchen.
The frame is for our family wall of photos.

Sound machine: $4,  decal set: $2 and frame: $1

My niece, Kelley, had admired my large tote I found at a yard sale a few months ago and asked me to keep a lookout for her. I spotted this one as I was walking up the driveway and snapped it up when I  heard the price. That seller was motivated to sell! Love those kind of sellers!

Thirty One brand large tote: $5
 No, I don't know a Victoria, except for my sister, but this wooden step stool was on Brenna's want list. Nate can now climb up and brush his teeth and wash his hands at the bathroom sink. This will be spray painted (sometime in the future) and it is already functioning well in the upstairs bathroom.

Wooden step stool: $5
Always looking at books for friends, family and my own personal Grandma stash. Several go to my friend Mindy's children,  Skippyjon goes to my sister, Cee and I kept the Thomas and I Spy books. I found a lot more level one and two paperback readers for our niece Mary's class 2nd grade classroom in New Orleans and now I have enough to fill a box. That will be going out this week.

Like new large hardback books: $1 each.

And that's all for now. I will be uploading this past Saturday's finds soon and publishing another post soon.

Hope you are well, finding bargains of your own and maybe ready for Spring to spring!


Thrifty Christy

3 comments:

Nightshade said...

Surprised you didn't YS while on vacation! Or will there be another TC edition for that? Community shopping is more fun but at least you can share w/us.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Vickie, we didn't get to any yard sales in Austin but I managed to find a St. Vincent De Paul thrift store the first day we arrived.