Translate

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Adieu Big Brother

I haven't blogged for a while but have definitely not been absent from the yard sale scene. April was was challenging for my extended family as we were consumed with helping my brother Sonny. Sonny was diagnosed with dementia several years ago and the disease had progressed rapidly this past year.

I had mentioned him in November of 2011 ThriftyChristy: Short and Sweet and last year in More and More.

Fishing with Sonny


I managed to visit him at least once a month for the past 5 years and though it was hard seeing the progression of the disease, spending time with him and his children and grandchildren has been something I will cherish.

Sonny passed away on April 16th at home with family members with him and I was honored to be a part of his care. I am relieved he is now at peace and am grateful I am part of a loving, reponsive family who embraces pain with love and kindness. RIP my big brother Sonny.


Thrifty Christy

0 comments: