Translate

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Shower but no rain

Hello virtual tagalongs!

This weekend I was in Emerald Isle, NC for Lindsey's baby shower my sisters and I hosted. We had a great time and Lindsey took home lots of great gifts for little Beau who should be arriving in the next few weeks.

It is always interesting "sailing" in new areas. We stayed up late getting ready for the shower so I was relieved to find in my online search between Craigslist and the newspaper there were no 6-6:30am sales; sleeping in was nice. I am loving the light in the morning,  makes it easier to see.  No need for head lamp  and no one hovering beside and behind me trying to use my light!

I was accompanied by Brenna again and armed with coffee, we headed out on a frosty morn. There weren't many sales listed and just a few "pop ups"(unlisted/unadvertised) sales. Pickin's were definitely thin  A couple were drive-bys, and that's so disappointing. Each time you find a sale, you hope to see something fabulous, something you've been looking for, hope springs eternal. So when you come across a particularly disappointing sale when the pickings are few, it is a let down. We drive by reluctantly.

At one sale, the sellers hadn't covered their stuff the night before with tarp. So frost covered items which was another reason I was missing my gloves. Even with the cold start, we still found a few things to bring home.

Now on to the goods.
I neglected to take pics of Brenna's stuff so I went online and found pics of what she found.
The Kapoosh knife holder was an awesome find for $2. This is so cool. Looks brand new and holds more knives than the usual block knife holder. $30 on Amazon new.

Next was an exercise ball. That was 50c. She needed one and even though this one has BlueCrossBlueShield printed on it, it still serves the purpose.

My loot:
Niece Kelley had put balls for Hugh on the Christmas list and I have had no luck...until I spotted these 4 on a table. Perfect! She had specified a "kickball" kind so that was perfect, but the others were a great size for a toddler. Price, I asked. Free was the answer. But since I didn't find anything else there I wanted so I insisted on giving her 50c just to make me feel better.



Next stop was a sale loaded with lots of party stuff. Wedding, birthday, baby shower, you name it, they seemed to have it. Not great stuff, cheap, quantity stuff. But since we were having a baby shower later that day, I picked up a few things for 10c each including a mirror to keep an eye on the baby in the back seat. It clips on the rearview mirror. My sister snatched that up to use when she is driving Hugh, our great nephew. Good deal.

I think we will be using the baby shower items later.  This family is expanding!

At another sale I found this swim/suit with built in floats. Yes, I know, I found one a couple of weeks ago too, but this  one was new, bigger, and hopefully Hugh will fit in it next summer. For 50c I thought it was a safe buy. Sure enough, as soon as my sister Cee and Kelley saw it, they were happy campers. I am very glad I picked it up. Looking forward to seeing Hugh in it too.

I have a lamp that needs a clip-on shade since the lamp doesn't have a harp. this shade fits and was only 50c. Unfortunately, when I got it home and on the lamp, I wasn't pleased. The search continues. Or I might just take the lamp apart and put a harp on it to use a shade I have that should fit. We shall see.

The Shamwow was also 50c for both. I googled it to see if it was any good. The reviews are mixed. Apparently you need to keep it folded and damp to be effective at wiping up. I will see how it works on the car...if I ever wash it ;)  Cee asked for one and I shared.


So that's all there is for this week. I had a great time with Brenna and her knife holder was a great find. I was really happy with the balls for Hugh and watched him play so happily with one of the smaller ones. He is really good at kicking. I am tickled to be assisting in this stage of his developement.

I will be hitting the sales this weekend again. The temps are going to be dropping so gloves are going to be a must. Johanna is out of town til next week. Hope I find someone to go "sailing" with me. Anyone out there who wants to come along?!

Thrifty Christy





















0 comments: