Translate

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

All Over Town

Sandy was in the forcast and so was rain. I wondered how many yard sales would be up and running and how many would be canceled. Turned out several were canceled but enough were out there to make the morning worth it. One sale was listed starting at 5am and not another until 6:30. No way I was going to get up that early for one sale. Good thing I didn't. I mosied over there around 6:30 and not a sign of life to be seen at the house. And the same was the case for the next 2. I was getting a little discouraged since I had driven all the way to the opposite side of town. We are talking gas burning away! I was alone this time and didn't even have anyone to commiserate with! But then I found some sales and I quit silently moaning.


I bought these warm gloves for 50 cents and the fuzzy insides are very comfy. Yes, cold weather is coming and I will buy gloves anytime I can. These will do nicely.


This little bubble suit will hopefully fit Nate, my grandson, by Easter. Is this cute or what!? And did you notice the tag still attached?

$1
Also for Nate was this bootie set brand new still in package. The boy has small ankles and Brenna asked me to look for the kind with sock-like uppers. These are a little big but his feet should fit them in a month or two.


50cents
And then something terrible happened. My favorite (ok, only) designated yardsale bag handle started coming apart! And then one of the handles snapped. I ended up tying it together but the end is in sight for this. Why, you may ask is it my "go to" bag? Because it is so light weight. I keep my headlight, yardsale wallet, camera, tape measure, sanitizer, and tissues in there. When I head out in the morning, I grab it and go. And the handles go over my shoulders with room to spare. So comfy. I might have to duct tape the handles, I am that reluctant to let it go. We shall see.


Brenna asked me to keep an eye out for the Magic Tree House books for her classroom library. I found this hardback copy for 50 cents.


There was a sale on Friday and there I bought this bag and another of Christmas ornaments for 50 cents. I am planning to use these for decorations inside the house in a  clear glass apothacary jar.

B
rand new tree lights. White lights on green wire? Oh yes! There are 300 lights in this bundle. I paid $1 and I do believe now I am prepared for Christmas tree trimming.


Johanna and Babs had a yardsale too that weekend, clearing out odds and ends of Uncle Tim's belongings. I bought this new box of CFLs for $3. I also bought a Craftsman lopper with extending handles for $5. I didn't take a picture of those but they looked very gently used. I thought my landscaping nephew could use an extra pair and I was right. He was quite happy and asked for me to look for rakes, shovels and other gardening items. His crew are pretty rough on tools so any he doesn't have to buy new is good.

$3
I bought this pretty handled canvas tote for $5 thinking to resell it but found out it is not worth much more. Not the quality I had thought it was. So I am keeping it and using it to hold stuff in my car.



Last week I sold all the American Girl paperbacks for $2 each. Remember I paid 50 cents each for them. So when I saw these hardback books in almost new condition, I hoped I could do a repeat performance. Not so much. Not a nibble. So I will donate them to Robbie's school. Only paid 50 cents each. No great loss and I like to donate books.


This was a great find! Columbia brand men's size M rain jacket. Mint condition. Paid $2 for it. Sold it for $20. More funds for the charity I have embraced.


I bought this pretty table runner for $3 and it is already on my sofa table. Looks lovely and brightens up the room. The jewel like colors caught my eye and I fell for it.


I picked up this mug because it was made in Scotland and by the company Doonan. I will attempt to sell on Ebay eventually.


And that was the extent of my finds last weekend. Very few sales and inclement weather made it somewhat disappointing and I did literally drive all around town. Missed my friends but sucked it up and managed to go solo again without too much moaning.

Hope you survived Super Storm Sandy. Here in Greenville, NC, we just had rain and some wind and feel extremely blessed we dodged that bullet.
Have a great week and good bargain hunting everyone!

Thrifty Christy



0 comments: