Translate

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Wake Up!

Thank goodness for alarms, right? Well, not when your cell phone alarm goes off from the previous week's setting...5:20am and you wanted to get up at 6:20. Sigh. Technology is wonderful at times but this morning I wasn't appreciating it. Especially since I didn't go to bed until 2:30am! Today I am grateful for the ability to nap.
I was happy to jump into Carolyn's car at 6:40am coffee mug in hand with about 7 sales listed. We met our friend Colette at the first sale. This was one of 3 advertised together. Two were on the same street and the other one close by. I love sales in the same neighborhood. I bought a necklace. My favorite color, green; choker style.
I like seeing clothing displayed and folks can get creative finding ways to showcase their goods. We appreciate the effort. I have said it before, I don't want to waste time rummaging through boxes or clothes on blankets or tarp on the ground. And to be honest, getting down to squat position is easy, getting up is another thing these days! So A for effort from these sellers.


Here is the trunk shot from the morning haul. Again, extra items in the large tote on the right is not from the morning's haul. Carolyn owns the largest tote bag in the world!


Carolyn bought this new,  in the box Giant cupcake baker at the first sale,

$2. Looks like her daughter will be having a cupcake birthday!

 this wireless printer
$15 and it is up and running at Carolyn's house

and this frog bath toy holder (in original box, never used). It afixes to your shower wall. 
$5 for her niece's new baby

Moving on we went to several others, ones listed and some we were surprised to find. When the list is short we appreciate those kinds of surprises. The cold morning warmed up a little but I continued to keep my gloves I purchased last week on my hands. I am enjoying those $1 gloves.

$5 each
I picked up this pair of clear acrylic lamps with shades.  Have them listed at $20 for the pair.  Tested and they work. Excellent condition.
$5

This pair of new with original box of Boys Sperry sandals are also on my going to sell list.

$4

Another possible "to sell" item is this child's coat rack. The face is missing a nose. I will find a dowel to fit in there and hope to at least double my money.

Swimmers and hat:50 cents each. Feeder: $2

Group shot of miscellaneous. Almost full pack of Little Swimmers diapers for my great niece to be born in early spring along with the sun hat. Not sure whose head that one will go on. Nate or Beau. The hummingbird feeder I bought because it has the bee guards and an ant moat.


This pair of shoes called out to me. Couldn't resist. 50 cents. New. Too cute.
Photo of it lit

This is a small mission style lamp. Approximately 8" tall. The glass insert in the middle is a lovely cranberry color. I have hopes of reselling.
$3

The very last sale of the day I found the lamp pictured above, and by the way it came with a working bulb installed and an extra one in the package.


Carolyn bought this Belkin iphone/itouch/ fm audio transmitter for her daughter. Brianne has an iTouch so this will work in her car. Hands free music . It took some figuring out, as in it works well in Brianne's car but not in Carolyn's. So...that's good!
$15... a bargain!

And last but not least, Colette found this mirror at her last sale of the day. Since it was located right around the corner from her house, she left Carolyn and I to continue on. If I needed a large mirror, I would have nabbed this one. In fact I picked it up to test the weight and determined the frame was wood. But alas, no need for it. Colette bought it and plans to paint the frame. Hey Colette, what color have you chosen?!

$10  Measures 2 x 3 feet

I found this Paul Revere oval pan at Goodwill for $3. I cleaned it up and am trying to sell on the FB group sale site. Limited edition and in relatively great condition except for scratches on the bottom. Obviously wasn't for display only! Fingers crossed for a sale. I am slowly but sure raising moneys for my charity.

Update on pan. A friend bought it Sunday for $15. 

A couple of weeks ago I bought this wicker table for my living room. I wasn't fond of the brown color so with my daughter's Brenna's advice I spray painted it black yesterday and am quite pleased with the result. It is just the right size to go between two arm chairs. And now it matches a black sofa table in the same room.


And speaking of past purchases, the Homedics Shiatsu Massage Cushion is a huge hit in the Logan household. OMG!! Thank you Carolyn for talking me into going back and paying the $15 asking price. 
I also sold an Advent calendar I found months ago. I offered it to a group of close friends before I listed it for sale online. Snatched up for the asking price of $15. Paid $2. My charity fund is growing. I love it.



Going to a 5th grade Catholic classroom.
And my husband could not wait any longer for a turntable. So Ebay to the rescue and his Christmas present is already in use. No, he refused to put it back in the box for me to wrap and save for next month. Go figure! So the albums are out and we are enjoying this stereo old school music. I have been asked to look for better speakers; apparently the Aiwa speakers are ok but better is wanted. Just give me the specs, a photo and I will do my best. Keeping in mind, sales are going to be winding down now that the holidays are upon us and winter as well, the speaker hunt will take time. However the reciever is great and I can now enjoy tunes all through the house, sometimes outside too! 

So that is all for this week's finds and adventures. Hope you had some bargain finds too. I hold no hope for next Saturday yard sale shopping since it is just after a holiday and folks are busy putting up decorations. So that may be a sleep in Saturday morn before I head to my brother's home in Morehead City.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Thrifty Christy




2 comments:

Finding My Cadence said...

I LOVE those lamps Mom!

Unknown said...

I thought they were really cute too. They are yours at cost if I can't sell them.