Translate

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

September arrived

Gleeful Gloating begins...a little late!

So it has been a busy September and I did manage to hit the sales every Saturday of the month. The cooler temps took a little while to arrive but wow, what a difference lower humidity and a north wind make. I do love Fall! I hunted alone the first part of the month and then Johanna was back with me and we even were joined by my daughter, Brenna, one day. That was fun! Treasures were found and the pickings were pretty decent.
Below are a few things I found for resale. The Wedding frame was brand new and sold quickly. The Sun and Bug cover I will wait until Spring to sell.
Cover: $1 and frame: $1
The large planter below went to my sister Fran. I didn't have time to clean it before giving to her but she didn't seem to mind. She had asked me to look for large planters sooo..I do! The Dansko's were not my size or Brenna's but they were in top notch condition. Just a little dusty from being in the seller's closet. Sold those for $25 very quickly. The metal flipflop wall decor sold quickly as well for $10.

Planter: $5, Shoes: $1, Wall art/flip flops: $1

I ended up selling both of the items below again, very quickly. The wooden display shelf was in excellent condition. The canister set gave me pause, and truly I regret selling them. I made a good profit but I will keep my eyes peeled for this kind of cannister in the future. I will be replacing the ones I have with a locking lid. These are just easier to get in to. Sold the shelf for $10 and the cannisters for $8.
Shelf: $2, Canisters: 50cents each
I regret purchasing the shelf. It was only $1.50 and I know I can sell it, but really, the time spent painting is the issue. I will go with a glossy white. The dvds's will go to the Merriewold house in NY next summer. Love the movie Juno. The small book on the far left is hilarious!


Shelf: $1.50, dvds: $1 each, dog book: 50cents


I need another purse, mine seem to wear out quickly. So the red one (new) below is already "in service" My Grandma stash has needed updating, grandson Nate is growing! So the Melissa and Doug wooden toy is fun and for Nate. Comes with 4 cars that zoom from one level to the next by gravity. The clippers are already in Morehead City at my brother's house. I scalp trim his hair each time I come to visit Sonny. This one is new and has all the attachments the old one doesn't. Even has a beard trimmer! The box of lantern lights was an impulse buy. They are brand new and I was thinking of them hanging under a garden umbrella, the big kind. But we don't have a garden umbrellla. Well, actually we do, because I bought one quite a while ago to resell next summer! Maybe I will hang on to both. We shall see.

Lanterns: $1, purse: $5, Wahl clippers: $10, Wooden toy: $2



The toys at the bottom are more Grandma stash items. I am concentrating on wooden toys per Brenna's request. The tool box and the box of puzzles (zebra) are wooden. The faux hydrangeas are quite pretty and may either go to the graves in Morehead or just may decorate my house in the spring. Cuisnart coffee grinder was a bust. It grinds...ok but there is a loose place in the base of the blades and not doing the job it was cut out to do. The bag on the far right are disposable swimmer diapers. Unfortunately they are size 5 and will be too big for Beau or Nate next summer. Will take to Salvation Army along with a few other rejects.


Toy tool set: $2, puzzle: $1, Slinky: 25 cents, coffee grinder: $2. Swimmers pants: $1
After Johanna and I went yard saling mid September, we took off for Carteret County NC to go to Cape Lookout and then to visit my brother Sonny. The weather was beautiful and the breeze was lovely. We stopped on the way to check out a few yard sales and stopped in at this one. There was a lot of stuff there, I bought the purse pictured previously

Show us a yard sale sign, an arrow and throw in Humane Society and we will hit the brakes!

I also found one of these Rumble Rollers, new in the original plastic wrap with instuctions. Brenna took it home with her to try it out but says it is too hard on her back. So I am looking forward to its return and using it on my back! Suppose to help the fascia in the lower back as well as other areas.
$4

Here's a quick trunk shot of Johanna's car before we unloaded to head to the beach. As you can see, she bought a big planter as well.


We made it to the boat in time and spent 3 relaxing hours at one of our favorite spots. Maybe next time we'll bring our husbands along...maybe!


Next morning we were on my nephew's boat with my brother Sonny to go fishing. Getting ready to go at 6am is not a problem for us and our lines were in the water as the sun started to rise.


Johanna even took the wheel for a while.


Results were a few Spanish mackeral large enough to keep. We threw back several to catch when they've grown more. Was a perfect way to start a beautiful day.


That's it for that Saturday's haul. More to follow soon. Hope you have had some bargain hunting adventures too.

Thrifty Christy

1 comments:

nightshade said...

Welcome back. I missed your stories.